Thursday, February 16, 2012

Driving Out To You


As the sun goes down tonight
in the last of this day’s light
know that I’ll be thinking, dear, of you.
When work is done today
then I’ll be on my way
to spend this night, my dear, with you.

I wish I weren’t so far
or had a faster car
I’d have more time to spend, my dear, with you.
But now I’m wasting time
by writing down this rhyme
when I should be driving home to you.

So when this day is done
and you see the setting sun
know that I’m driving out to you.
And when I’m finally there
you’ll see how much I care
and know that always I love you.

I know that there will be
a day for you and me
where I will be always holding you.
But ‘til that day is here
know that I love you dear
and that I’m always thinking of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment