Monday, September 26, 2011

The Moon and Night, the Day and Sun



How happy the moon must be
that he can look down and see
you as you sit and brush your long lustrous hair
and place all your pillows with such perfect care.


How very glad must be the night
that he gets to see the sight
of you as you lay and dream in your bed
with visions of passion playing through your head.


How happy must be the sun
when each night is finally done
and a sunbeam can softly caress your face
with kisses as gentle as the finest lace.


And how glad must be the day
as it sees you on your way
from the moment you rise and go through the door
until you've found all that you were seeking for.


How I envy the moon and the night!
How jealous I am of each sight
that they take and hold and do not share
of the one whose face I find so fair.


How greedy are the day and the sun,
that they share with me not even one
of the kisses they plant on your face.
How I desire to be in their place!


I am sure that someday soon
I will not envy the moon.
And I know for sure that there will come a night
I will see your face filled with dreams of delight.


I know you will hear me say
sweet soft words to start your day.
Someday we will sit and watch the setting sun
holding each other when the long day is done.


But until that day is here,
until I can hold you near,
I envy the moon and night, the day and sun
every moment until our parting is done.



No comments:

Post a Comment